Checklist for Business Startup
This checklist is meant as a starting guide for businesses, this is not a complete list but a generic list for all businesses. Please contact us for further information, clarification and to be put in touch with those you might need to assist you.
- Business Mentor – this programme is administered by BTM, we’d love to discuss with you further
- Business networking events – see separate list
- Accountant – they can help you through budget, software, tax obligations, and any other financial queries you might have
- Set up a separate bank account
- Budget – we have a template available or your accountant can help with this
- Business Plan – there are a few options in detail and length, we have some templates available, see our section on these
- Health and Safety – the complexity will depend on your business type, but it is still important to consider
- Insurance – a broker will be able to assist you with what you need
- Name Protection – check that your business name isn’t being used by someone else, the website domain name, social media usernames and Trademark isn’t already taken
- Lawyer/Legal Requirements – make sure you check what the legal requirements are for your business, a lawyer can help with this
Click here to download a printable pdf of this list.